GSM Dialler for a household alarm

Sponsored Links

Attachments

• 6F0EA011-58B3-46BD-AC3D-DAFCB628312F.jpeg
    6F0EA011-58B3-46BD-AC3D-DAFCB628312F.jpeg
    237.5 KB · Views: 64
Autodialler would the option note it doesn’t play a message on the EA unit, but it does call you.

Sponsored Links
Alig301,

How did you get on with the GJD gsm system, or anybody else for that matter?

Still struggling to find a reliable and properly recommend GSM dialler, as I am told time and time again they are a thing of the past. However for simple functionally, whereby a big panel upgrade to Comms/app subscriptions et al is just not required, what else is there?

I have a faulty gsm-activate module that doesn't do its job and two alarm installers tell me they are prone to failing. A CSL digi air has been suggested. Any thoughts on how easily these connect to a Honeywell Mini? Programming? They seem very inexpensive and are easy to pick up secondhand.

Finally, I've arrived at the GJD system with the keypad for programming etc, looks very comprehensive. Price on average is around £150. Is this value? A handful of Google & Amazon reviews speak favourably of them.

All thoughts and opinions welcome.

I ended up going for the 4G gsm-activate unit. It was easy'ish' to fit and seems to do the job well. Hopefully I wont need to test it in anger. Time will tell. I found the GSM active guys helpful so if there is an issue I am hopeful they would assist.

Let me know if I can be any more of assistance

An old android phone can make the job. If the alarm has an Open Close output, it can be plugged to the jack audio of the smartphone and make an automatic SMS or CALL. You car search for “Wired headphone Dialing Alarm” or look at alarmD
alarmOpen.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back