Wired alarm system with GSM for a garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a recommendation for a high quality alarm system for a garage.

Would like a wired system with separate keypad/panel, it must be able to send call and text alerts via the GSM network and be reliable. The garage has mains power but no other services.

I've looked at something like the Galaxy flex but it only does text alerts, to add calls looks complicated. Would I be better with a simpler panel and add a dialler, maybe something like the GJD710?

Thanks for any advice
Allan

Sponsored Links
If you have broadband, then the Galaxy can be fitted with an IP module which gives full remote control along with the option of detailed voice or sms messages via self monitoring over IP.

Most generic dialers will only give the option of a couple of inputs and corresponding messages. You will not have any idea of the type of alarm event until you reach the property.

Thanks, we do have broadband, but the garage is some 25m from the house, so would need to use home plugs to get it over there. I would also assume that the broadband connection would then be vulnerable to cutting the telephone line and or mains interruption.

I envisage an simple system but very robust, I don't specifically need to know what has triggered, just that it has.

Ah, okay sorry. I thought you meant a business, not an outbuilding. The ethernet can be polled to warn of line cuts. GSM signals can be jammed just as easy.

You can get a generic dialer on Ebay for £50. Search this forum, you'll see links I have posted before. These work with any panel - simply connect to the bell trigger.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back