GSM Dialler for a household alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am wanting to fit a GSM Dialler to my current alarm system in my house. Any recommendations please.

Was considering the
GJD GSM Sim Card Speech and Text Dialler (GJD710)

Thanks in advance

Ali G

Sponsored Links
GJD 710 is something we have used, there is an app for it to help with setup.

App is GSM Dialer ans should be available for the appropriate app store for your smart phone

As for functionality need to know what alarm panel you have and what you want from the dialer.

What sim card are you going to use.
Pay as you go or security pre loaded sim.
Need to keep sim card alive, some expire after 90 days without use or credit.

Sponsored Links
Tring to find the booklet for my alarm system as I don't know the make or model and it has the engineers code in it.
What sim card are you going to use.
Probably going to use a '3' sim. They don't seem to expire on PAYG

3 sim may not work as some gsm diallers only work with 2g networks.post photo of your alarm control panel keypad and control box,could help identify panel.

Last edited:
3 sim may not work as some gsm diallers only work with 2g networks.post photo of your alarm control panel keypad and control box,could help identify panel.
Will do but I still need to find the booklet as it has the engineers code in it so I can silence the alarm when I open the Control box for wiring.

Here is a couple of pics... Control box is approx 300mm x 150mm.. Thanks in advance.
IMG_5813.jpg

IMG_5814.jpg

Eurosec cpl8 discontinued…you can get a pay monthly sim for 3.95…your only tied in for 2 months at worst case and it’s unlimited calls and texts …

So would the GJD GSM Sim Card Speech and Text Dialler (GJD710) be compatible, or any other recommends??

Dont know if still available but I have one of these from Electronic Alerts

Attachments

• 7381743B-35C0-42B2-B047-1CEF8372E69F.jpeg
    7381743B-35C0-42B2-B047-1CEF8372E69F.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 82
Like most things its functionality, you can get a normal pay as you go sim card and program a test call once a month, this should work out cheaper than a contract sim. GiffGaff is one we use for payasyou go option.

The electronic alerts is cheap and it does work, very basic and doesn't have the same level of functionality however as you you don't a load of outputs to use the Electronic alerts may be suitable.

The GJD710 will not work on 3 (there is a special order unit that would if I recall rightly but not off the shelf), same with the Electrionic alerts I believe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back