GU10 3 way light fitting ildeal for kitchen - suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently repairing the kitchen celling hole (about 150cm by 130cm) by using plasterboard which I will then skim over. I have to some work on the electrics as the old light fitting was fed by imperial aluminium PVC which was then connected to terminal block which was not accessible. I have moved this connection and got rid of the old cable and will replace it with modern copper T&E.

The problem is I need a light fitting which will have enough room to have the terminal block inside which has the switch and live feeds as well as the connectors it comes with. There is an earth so class 2 or class 1 fittings are fine.

The lighter the better due to ease of fitting and will need to be circular with 3 G10 spot lights from it. Would something like this be ok?

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/lighti...nlights/Luno-White-3-Light-Spotlight-11597629

It is about 4 metres away from the sink (actually much further than when you take in to account the height of the ceiling too), and the ceilings are about 12 foot tall so water ingress is not really an issue just maybe condensation but then there isn't much as a door or window is usually open when cooking.

Any other suggestions would be great but I will need it by Wednesday at the latest as I am hoping to finish the skimming tomorrow. Needs to cheap too as the project is already over budget.

Sponsored Links
Fit a dry lining box in the ceiling to house the connectors, then you can use what ever fitting you like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back