GU10 bulbs, is 4.2W same as 4.7W or 5W - all same lumens rating

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace some GU10 bulbs.

The ones I need to replace are 350 lumens.

I've seen some on toolstation. 4.2W and 345 lumens.
But then Screwfix have 5W ones that are also 345 lumens.
Amazon have 4.7W ones that are also 345 lumens.

Amazon is where I want to buy - cost £3 more for a pack of 10 - but saves me a trip.
Or should I buy from toolstation? Maybe the 0.5W saving will match my petrol saving over 1 year? LOL

The original ones are 5W from Wickes. They don't have anymore.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
That which you require is "light" measured in lumens - about 350 lm in your case. However, it really would not much matter if a particular brand of lamp were between 340 to 360 lm, since that is less than 3% difference

LED's have been getting more efficient so the Wattage is no real indication of brightness and the supposed savings for 0.5 W would be largely academic - even if the figures were accurate.

What LED bulbs don't say is this one the chip is stretched to the limit and likely has a short life or this chip is under driven and likely to last for years, or this one uses a pulse width modulated driver and this one simple capacitor.

So spread out the adverts, put on a blindfold, and stick in a pin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back