"Guardian" Conservatory roofs?

Sponsored Links
This for anyone who is interested - clearly not joe-90 so perhaps he could avert his gaze while I update the previous post for those who have expressed an interest. Dextraneous - perhaps you could ignore it too seeing as you are quite clearly unable to detect a genuine post from a spam one!
Ask for it to be moved to a more appropriate section of the forum then.

Jome, if you are still reading I think this is as near to an apology as you are likely to get from Dex! :LOL:

I had a Guardian Warm Roof and replacement conservatory installed last year. It was a catalogue of disasters from start to finish. We used one of their ‘approved installers’ Roofsense. The work was delayed twice due to issues with the fabricator letting them down. When the work did start a 2 week job turned into 4 months. They habitually didn’t turn up or arrived late and left early. Communications were poor. The quality of the workmanship is generally awful and many things had to be redone. For example the foundations were in the wrong place, the whole frame is not straight in any direction which means the doors swing out and the double doors have never worked – they jam and despite multiple requests to fix were never done. The internal roof boarding was so bad that no plasterers would touch it and we ended up taking it down and rebattening it ourselves. The roof leaks where it joins the house and they haven’t leaded it – it is just a stick on material that has not been chased into the wall so I ended up spending a lot of money to get a professional roofer to lead it properly.

The company gave up trying to fix the problems and have disappeared. I’m now left with a building that has no building control paperwork and no guarantees. The fabricator won’t provide me with guarantees as Roofsense hadn’t fully paid them. Guardian did not want to know as they don’t deal with the public direct.

I would advise anyone considering this to do their research and look at all the options and research your installer. Guardian charge a lot for what is a fairly basic design and I do not think we have received value for money or the service we were expecting.

As for the conservatory, well it is warm in winter but even on sunny days it gets unbearably hot and we have to open all the windows so I don't think it delivers all of the benefits they claim.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back