Gurgling boiler

If your boiler has overheat protection, stop all the ifs, buts, and maybes and pipe it like this........ View media item 29821Looking at your pics it's about an hours work and no air will be drawn into your system.

Sponsored Links
Thanks 45yearsagasman. This had been suggested before by the person who serviced the boiler. I was worried about safety of the system if something fails. So was thinking of T-ing the feed in to the vent, so that I still have a vent from a safety point of view, but not sure it this would cure it.

The boiler is a potterton promax 15 SL. I know it has a flow sensor and a flow temp sensor. I think it does have a over heat protection, but can anyone confirm for me please?

Thanks for all the help.

Just found this in the instruction manual for the boiler. Do I need an air separator? Or does this do the same job as the vent on the 15mm pipe as in 45yearsgasman's post.

Also found this
I presume item 14 is the over heat protection that you refer to?

Thanks for everyones help on this.

Can anyone confirm my questions above please? Hoping to combine the vent and feed this weekend.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Here's a question for the pros - how difficult would it be to convert this to a sealed system? And, assuming the pipework can take it, would it be worth the effort?

I eventually piped it up as a combined vent and feed and got rid of the trickling noise by re-balencing the system.

I recently drained down again to replace two leaking rad valves and now the trickling noise is back, but the trick of re-balancing the system did not clear it this time.

I have bled all the rads and bleed points several times over this last week, no air but water comes out. The system works, both HW and CH. Just this trickling noise for 5 to 10 seconds when the pump switches on.

Any advise on how to get rid of trapped air in pipe work?

Many thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back