gutter fall help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a bungalow, and have replaced all facias and soffits, installing gutters the weekend, what fall do i need on a 16m run,
Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
A prominent fall is not essential on a gutter as it will reach the outlet anyway before it fills up assuming your brackets are at regular intervals with no sagging but a recommended fall is 1:600 which works out that the end of the gutter must be higher than the outlet by 10mm for every 6m of gutter (a fall of 1:600).

I agree with Daz particularly about zero sag.

The shallower the fall the greater care needed when fitting the brackets.

We always use a builders line.

We never fit gutter unions to the line as these can foul the line run. Rather we leave a space where the union will be, fit the brackets to the line, clip the gutter in, clip the union on, then eyeball the gutter so that the run is straight then add a screw to the union.

I have lost count the amount of times i have seen gutter dipping down at this junction.

Cheers guys, will be giving it a go tommorow, string line ready and i will fit the unions once gutter in place,
Thanks for the replys

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that tip on leaving union off, years of fitting gutters never noticed. But you are right thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back