Gutter in flat roof

@cdbe Thanks, appreciate the drawing too! I think my wife might have issue with something too noticeable :LOL:, so may go for the idea of having a strip of beading underneath, before it hits the down slope, preferably something with a groove in.

Sponsored Links
Just an update on the roof projection drip edge. I attached one and then filled in, sanded and gave it a few coats of Weathershield. Thought that would be fine but the water's still coming in! It's only in one area and just a few drips but enough to wet the floor and need a towel for a couple of hours to catch the drips. So frustrating because I checked the roof carefully for holes/tears etc before I started.

So I'm now thinking there must be a hidden hole in the gutter section of the projection as a hole anywhere else on the roof would mean water stains on the ceiling inside...? Which means reciting the gutter with roof membrane because I can't for the life of me find a hole. There are some overlaps but they seem solid around the edging.

Does anyone know if this is a DIY do-able job or should I call someone in? And if so, has anyone had any experience prepping the surface of a roof membrane and adding more over the top?

Cheers all

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back