Gutter level !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Im planning on chaning my gutters on the weekend as they leak very badly and look to have been poorly fitted in the first instance.

I was ready somewhere that they can be fixed to a straight line instead of a fall (of course it can not drain as fast), is this correct?

I have a lot of turns for the bay and think it will look better if it was straight

Any comments welcome.

Regards

Sponsored Links
Correct to a degree.

The more level the gutter is the more prone the gutter will be to collecting crud and silt in any slight dips.

You need to be very accurate with the clips especially any union brackets.

The problem with unions is they don't set well with a builders line. I think it is the rubber seals that tend to make you set them lower. So, what we do is leave the unions off until all the brackets AND the gutter is fixed then clip the unions in place then eyeball them level then fix 'em with a screw.

There are other things that can cause the gutter to belly up or down like out of line fascia or twisted fascia. So my best advice is give it a modicum of fall but be accurate! ;)

Hi all

Im planning on chaning my gutters on the weekend as they leak very badly and look to have been poorly fitted in the first instance.

I was ready somewhere that they can be fixed to a straight line instead of a fall (of course it can not drain as fast), is this correct?

I have a lot of turns for the bay and think it will look better if it was straight

Any comments welcome.

Regards

Have you done that flat roof yet? ;) If you haven't already bought the new gutter then ill get a supply only quote for u :cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back