Gutter problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Despite trying to cover the butt joint on my gutter and applying bitumen paint I'm still getting a leak through the gutter which in turn runs down the brickwork and in turn finding it's way inside via the window frame. Any tips to repair?
IMG_20170629_182015.jpg
IMG_20170629_182008.jpg

Sponsored Links
Are those concrete gutters?
An epoxy mortar repair kit would work.
You might need to widen the crack to get enough product in.

Looks like cast iron to me sat on a stone string course. Stone or cast, Either way the simple solution would be seal inside not out.... Maybe Acrypol with fibres, and re do it when you clear the gutters
going to be a bugger otherwise.

Sponsored Links
OP,
Your CI guttering is sat on a bed of sand & cement - after the vulnerable joins, the flat base of that gutter is most at risk from decay.

When you next have occasion to lift or paint the gutter then carefully examine the base - if its perishing then replace it, hopefully with similar heavy CI Ogee gutter.

The neighbouring dormer has had a weird coloured plastic rainwater goods replacement and it looks terrible.

Why the drip or any other moisture is penetrating your window frame is a different matter. Perhaps a different post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back