Guttering downpipe keeps slipping down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
as title we have a single storey new extension and at one of the ends the new gutter and downpipe keep slipping apart, it is in an area with a bit of traffic so it gets bumped now and again. Is it ok to screw some short self tappers through the mounting clips and into the pipe?

Sponsored Links
Some joints are supposed to be glued, perhaps the glue was omitted? If you do use a self tapper, make sure it is a stainless version.

You could try slipping a small strip of rubber between the downpipe and bracket. This will stop any problems with seepage through the screw holes.

I will try the rubber strip first, I do have a small box of various short stainless self tapping screws that were left behind a good few years ago when we bought the house, but will save that for later, better not to have holes in the pipe.

Sponsored Links
I have a short SS self tapper in a number of my downpipes, does the job perfectly and easy to remove if required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back