Guttering for a plastic 6x6 keter shed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

First of all I would like to say "hi" as I'm a new member here and I've found this forum very helpful in the past thanks to all your advices.

I've tried to find similar topic but no luck, so decided to post a new one.

Back to the subject... I'm in the middle of redoing my garden and have put a new keter 6x6 plastic shed at the end of the lawn. Unfortunately I can't (and don't want) have installed water tap outside to the garden, so the only way to get some water is from the rain via guttering. Also, unfortunately, the downpipe from the roof of the house is going to my neighbours. I could built the downpipe for my garden too but I don't think it's worth it (it's a town house, not too wide and very high). So, I decided to built a guttering around my shed - I don't need much water - just enough for watering my 25sqm lawn.

My question is, how would you fix the guttering to a plastic shed? I was thinking about using no more nails glue instead of screws which would be not suitable for plastic. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Consider using 5mm screws and nuts/washers, unless the shed is double skin plastic. if it is double skin, self tapping screws would suffice.
I've used pop rivets to fix extra security on mine which is also an option - with care!
John :)

Thanks John.

I reckon the shed wall might be too thin for any screws but will have your idea in mind.

Keter manufacturers should've think about designing guttering for their products :)

Any more ideas?

You aren't dealing with any colossal weight here.....screws and nuts will be fine, but penny washers could help spread the load!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I would drill a hole through were you want the brackets to go and then get a length of wood say 3x1 and then get somebody to hold it inside and then screw the brackets from the outside into the wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back