guttering not in place on neighbours garage

OWJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my neighbours garage roof is draining water onto my property, it has no guttering. when I asked him if I could put up guttering and I would pay half he refused to help pay for it at all . Can anyone tell me whether it is my responsiblity or his or both of ours. we recently had decking fitted and it pours onto it, my concern is that it will rot really quickly. please help..

Sponsored Links
couple of posts with a sheet of perspex to deflect the water back down the side of his garage wall should do it.. all on your side of the property line of course..

• Thanks
Reactions: OWJ
clever thanks for your idea however..our gardens slope towards the house and his garage is more of a car port 1 1/2 storey high - for a camper van and it runs along the length of the house. the roof line disappears into the garden and the decking is tiered to get up to the garden. this is hard to explain, . its the back part of the car port that is not guttered. When I asked a friend DIYer to look at it he felt he could gutter it along then diagonally runa pipe down along the car port length to his neighbours down pipe at the front of the car port. oh can you help?

Sponsored Links
put buckets where it drains, then go splash them all over his camper van when they're full leaving a note that you've returned the water that he lost over the boundary line..

• Thanks
Reactions: OWJ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back