Guttering.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently altered the orientation of my garage. The photo. shows how it used to be. I rebuilt the front gable wall after removing the up-and-over doors. I now have a side entrance.

I have stripped and painted the facias, now I need to replace the guttering. As can been seen, the guttering to the hip roof is as normal but then the angled downspout was hidden behind the facia. This means that there are lots of bends, different angles, etc. And what used to be the back wall has the same configuration with the guttering.

I am quite confident about installing new guttering but all the old joints were glued. Is this how things are done ? If so is there any preferred make of guttering ? I should say that I want to do it in black plastic. I could have painted the old guttering but it's had umpteen coats of paint on it already.

TIA for any help or advice.

Sponsored Links
The way it's been done there is actually the best way so you'll have to do it like for like.

The way it's been done there is actually the best way so you'll have to do it like for like.

Yes, and I actually want to do it like that because it's much tidier. But I wondered if there is such as thing as a flexible bend that would enable me to get behind the facia without using lots of bends etc.

4 isn't exactly lots but yes you can get flexi pipes usually used for water buts, look horrible.

Sponsored Links
Because the fall/run of dp isn't vertical.

Neither is the downspout that is behind the facia but I do know what you mean. There is a possibility that water and crud could lie in a 90 deg. bend. Thanks for that. Hadn't considered it.

Two off set joints offer every angle from 90 thru to a 180 while the 90 is just that, always avoid 90's where possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back