Gutters Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recentley bought my house of my mum she has had new gutters put in a year ago and they have leaked ever since the seal are fine.somebody mentioned that u need plastic going from underneath your first tile ans it runs into your guuter is this true.or are there any other ways

Sponsored Links
Normally the roofing felt should be onto the gutter if fitted and the tiles up to 50% the width of the gutter depending on the shape of the tiles.

Masona is right. but the gutters may have been fitted too low .....to get the buggers up tight to the tiles is more difficult and another reason why I never got rich :LOL: Just too slow- but there`s a gutter job in my old village- still fine since 1974 ;)

Nige F said:
there`s a gutter job in my old village- still fine since 1974 ;)
How do you know :?: You don't stand in the rain watching it do you :?: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
:LOL: :LOL: Well, I`ve walked past a few times...........La-la-la-la, de de dee -de de dee.......there`s a smile on my face ;)

You may find it easier to use this but will need to move the first row of tiles. I have use dpc and lead before ;)

masona said:
You may find it easier to use this but will need to move the first row of tiles. I have use dpc and lead before ;)
so if i put dpc from underneath the bottom tile and run it into gutter will that be sufficent as i have got some of this.

As long it's wide enough and hold in place, shouldn't be a problem.

May need to fold the dpc in half to form a L-shape to help the rain to drip off into the gutter.

You may get away using this without having to move the tiles
605.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back