GW24ci blocked expansion vessel pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gasman1015";p="235528 said:
Gasman1015 said:
Pressure relief valve on left side

Gasman, in my case (same GW 24ci) the pressure keeps jumping between 3.0 (hot) and 0.0 (cold). Pressure in the expansion vessel is always 0.7. This tells me the braided pipe that connects the vessel is blocked. I'm hoping to clean it using "the coat hanger".

If you could help - the pipe is buried deep behind the pump. What's the best way to get it cleaned?

Your help is really appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Forget trying to clean the flexible hose on this boiler - the last one I tried had an internal bore of only a 1mm of so at the swaged joints (carp design).

Obtain a new pipe (cheap), depresurise the vessel completely (via the air valve) and depresurise the boiler. Remove the old hose, re-fit the new one and pump up the vessel as described in the FAQ's.

Forget trying to clean the flexible hose on this boiler - the last one I tried had an internal bore of only a 1mm of so at the swaged joints (carp design).

Obtain a new pipe (cheap), depresurise the vessel completely (via the air valve) and depresurise the boiler. Remove the old hose, re-fit the new one and pump up the vessel as described in the FAQ's.

Gasguru, that was exactly my question - how do you get to that pipe, to me it looks like i need to remove the pump and a few other bits. Is there any better way, like from the side?

PS sorry Mod....

From the right hand side - not easy but it can be done, without removing any other parts.

Sponsored Links
can you take the flue elbow off. If so and its not to high,look over top and loose the bracket and pull the vessel up ,then tighten clip up so its still as high as you can get it ,then either get a basin spanner,reach down and undo nut,

Just noticed its a ci and not the c version :oops:

Not sure what the access on the ci version is like, (thankfully not come across one yet), but it's tight on the c.

Just noticed its a ci and not the c version :oops:

Not sure what the access on the ci version is like, (thankfully not come across one yet), but it's tight on the c.

Rather tight on ci. The right hand side doesn't come off, so will need to think of something else.

Are you certain the side panel doesn't come off..it does on the other variants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back