Gyproc moisture resistant tilebacker plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
It can be painted yes, it's not ideal around the shower of bath though, would need tanking or use aquapanel / hardie board.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your reply.

My supplies are from B&Q. They do not supply the aqua panel brand now.

The aqua panel is probably the ideal, although since the area is just a shower within a bath, ie not a shower cubicle, the moisture resistant Gyproc product should do what it is supposed to do.

Also this is a temporary bathroom for about a year until an extension is constructed and a new bathroom in the extension is installed as part of the project.

Thank you again for your reply.

B&q do sell hardie board. A shower over a bath is as vulnerable as a shower cubicle imo although for a year I wouldnt bother myself, i'd have used standard boards and clad with PVC panels as they are cheap and quick to fit and remove.

Thank you very much for your reply.

There was hardiboard but the two types in stock there were noted as being for floors. The wall product at the B&Q store was the gyproc.

Also did look at the pvc panels, but plain white tiles are cheaper still.

B&Q sell two types of hardiboard - 6mm for floors, and 12mm for floors and walls.

HTH

Thank you for your reply.

There were indeed two types of hardiboard in the store.

I guess after checking the gyproc specification, the decision was made on price. The gyproc is also 2400 x 1200 which fits the wall heights. The hardiboard in the store was about half that size. And since this is just for a year, keeping the cost low was main thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back