Moisture resistant plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could anyone please tell me if it is ok to dot and dab Gyproc moisture resistant plasterboard or does it need to be attached to studs like aquapanel does. Also, can I dot and dab onto old plaster or do I need to strip back to the brick. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
when we are dabbing boards to a wall, and that wall ends with a shower enclosure, once we arrive at this location, we will dab the aquapanel the same as the boards.
they are all the same thickness, so why not. this way, you can plumb the boards up with ease.

the only difference is we will also mechanically fix (plugs and screws) the aquapanel, once the adhesive has hardened.

on a stud wall, you would just screw it to the studs.

Thanks Noseall for the reply. I was planning to put a shower enclosure in so would probably do as you suggest with the screw fixings. Do I need special fixings to do this without damaging the aquapanel? Also would I get away with using a standard plasterboard in the other areas of the bathroom that are not subject to splashing. I am planning on only tiling a couple of courses around the bath and sink and papering the rest apart from the shower where I was going to put the plastic shower panels in the cubicle over the aquapanel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back