Gypsum repair for heavy load

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was affixing a wall anchor to a hollow plasterboard and the bolt inside rounded because it was defective (it round two more bolts). So I removed it and of course damaged the gypsum. Can you advise on how I can fix this to attach a new wall anchor?

John

**picture of wall anchor and hole attached.

Attachments

• 81A83B8C-5A97-433D-82C4-F6A414AD9F56.jpeg
    81A83B8C-5A97-433D-82C4-F6A414AD9F56.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
Got any pva? Wood glue? 50/50 and lash it in hole.
2 lots allowing for drying.

Mix some pva with powdered filler. Fill hole and push fixing in hole. Allow to dry fully.

Other way is to use a grip it fixing instead

Thanks. I’ve looked at grip it. They look great but the website says you can’t use the screw to bear weight. I need to use the screws/bolts to hold up a wall mount desk.

Got loads of pva. Can try it. Thanks. Does it take a long time to dry? Is it a case of thin coats?

Sponsored Links
I need to use the screws/bolts to hold up a wall mount desk.

I would not attempt to fix something that, using cavity wall anchors. You might get away with fixing to the timber studs, providing there is a bracket, or some other support at the front edge of this desk.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back