H&S courses??

Saving 16 yr olds.....ok.

Knowing what you know now, have you breathed asbestos at work?

One question at a time...

Sponsored Links
Saving 16 yr olds.....ok.

Knowing what you know now, have you breathed asbestos at work?

One question at a time...

It was you that started the saving the 16 yr old nonsense ...not me.

Why has it been left decades to save these lives.?????

Probably because a guy called peto published a paper in the eighties I think, where he showed that tradesmen were dying, rather than those who were laggers, or actually made assy products. A few tens of thousands became a couple of million at risk.

Re: 16yr old's. If I stop you smoking after you've done it for 30 yrs, it might do you some good.
If I convince a 16 yr old never to start, does that sound reasonable?

Sponsored Links
well i personally think the next big things will be,
fibre glass insulation.
and mdf.
now we all know to wear masks etc but how many diyers have taken the advice/info on board.

Awareness?????.... wear a mask?????

Explain where the saving of your pupils actually starts.

Explain where the saving of your pupils actually starts.

er i aint got no pupils m8,
im a struggling carpenter,
;)

Re: 16yr old's. If I stop you smoking after you've done it for 30 yrs, it might do you some good.

No No NO That's not even a comparison.

Don't worm out of it .......Why are you deliberately taking money from students telling them you will save their lives ????

When you know you won't and can't. ????

Going off at a tangent as i usually do, i have a mate that sprays the white corrugated sheets of asbestos with fibre glass, it was a concept he brought over here from Germany, although white asbestos is not as dangerous as the pink, brown or blue a lot of people steer clear of it.

The treatment completely seals the asbestos and get this, you can actually walk on the finished product without fear of it suddenly snapping under your feet.. :)

No No NO That's not even a comparison.

Don't worm out of it .......Why are you deliberately taking money from students telling them you will save their lives ????

When you know you won't and can't. ????

Try thinking LMB.

Smoking causes cancer. So does asbestos (even the Nazis proved that, in lab. animals). Both are in the main, cumulative - the more you inhale, especially from a young age, the more risk you are at (so the death stats seem to point to, but who am I to deny people's deaths :confused: )

And I never mentioned students - groups of trades (along with very young new starters - I could probably actually check their D.O.B.s from their certs. - they have to pass a short test now with many course providers) pay to sit and listen to me and others babble for half a day, once in their life. About £25 - £30 per head, although they are welcome to go elsewhere. And they can have a similar fee every few years after, to refresh themselves, if they want.

Did you breathe assy when you started at 16? Why did you do it?
My dad did (as an apprentice spark), and did it because he was told "it is not the dangerous type", "you're the spark - the lagger's mixing it", and "if you don't want the job, someone else will have it gladly". Were you in the same boat?

If that new 16yr old chippie sits on the course, and as a consequence does not breathe as much assy as he would otherwise have done BECAUSE he thinks about what he is doing, he is almost certainly going to be at less risk. If you argue otherwise, you're arguing with the World Health Organisation, among other such bodies.

Off to work.......

Yer very good.

I've been told that by law(I don't think its law) I have to go on a ladder course,
Now this I don't mind but the only time I use a ladder is to replace bulbs at height, from what I have read here I need a scaffold tower?
so would a ladder course be the wrong one to go on? dunno :rolleyes:

now we all know to wear masks etc but how many diyers have taken the advice/info on board.

But have you been fitted out correctly.We have recently been fitted out whereby each employee had to do a series of exercises whilst hooked up wearing a face mask to ensure that each employee had the correctly fitted mask.

Sponsored Links
Back