Hager MCB Product Recall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Full info here

Hager Miniature 10kA Circuit Breakers sold from July 7th 2016 and 5th October 2016

Risk:
Risk of fire and/or electric shock resulting from a raw material non-conformity.

If you have an affected product stop using it immediately and contact Hager for further information on:

Telephone: 01952 675 555

Email: [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Yeah. We all took the mick out of Electrium, saying that at least that could never happen to Hager.

Well, they are made in France...:sneaky:

Sponsored Links
Yeah. We all took the mick out of Electrium, saying that at least that could never happen to Hager.
Quite, as I think I've said before, it seemed a bit rotten to say bad things about Electrium because of what happened (there might be other reasons to say bad things about them!), on the basis that "There but for the Grace of God go <any of them>". Now we have the proof :)

Kind Regards, John

In my veiw, considering they have the monopoly on MF boxes and all this fuss about containing fire in Consumer Units, the covers on the MF boxes dont even fit snugly

... and all this fuss about containing fire in Consumer Units...
I don't think so - silly though it may be, the reg says nothing about fire 'containment'. As far as I can make out, provided one doesn't violate the IP requirements, one can have as many, and and as big, holes in the CU as one likes - provided that the bits which aren't holes are made of 'non-combustible' material!

Kind Regards, John

They only have the monopoly on MF because a) they bought Ashley and b)nobody other than wago really has a decent solution.

If Schneider had bought Ashley, which wouldn't surprise me, then they'd have the current monopoly

What
They only have the monopoly on MF because a) they bought Ashley and b)nobody other than wago really has a decent solution.

If Schneider had bought Ashley, which wouldn't surprise me, then they'd have the current monopoly
What about voltage ?:rolleyes:

My wholesalers are still saying that the new stock is waiting to arrive. I am desperate for some c32 tp mcb's but at present have no date as to when I will get them. Anyone have any ideas as to when new stock is being released?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links