Product Re-call. (many mcb's)

• Thread starter EdwardCurrent
  • Start date
This is what the wholesalers have been told if it helps ?

How to Check Identify of the stock:

Each product has printed upon its side date code.
This code is a 6 letter code e.g. RSRSSR.
However, only the last four letters need to be used in this check
Simply compare the last four digits to the check list below.
If any match – remove these from stock and return them to Electrium for exchange via the usual product return process
LAST 4 LETTERS
6amp/10amp/16amp
RIRA
RTRA
RCRA
RHRA
RGRA
RERA
RARA
SRRA
SSRA

Sponsored Links
I wonder if all those non-notified DIY board swaps will ever get checked?

I seem to recall screwfix flogging the wylex boards back end of last year,
i guess we'll just have to wait for the flames.....

Sponsored Links
I have contacted Electrium 5 times now and have had no contact back, they never answer the phone or their e-mails!!!

If i cannot get around to replace them are they supposed to?

Either way I need to speak to them and i can't!!!

Some pics of a defunked breaker, courtesy of 'essox' on sfix.

work001.jpg

work006.jpg

work007.jpg

work002.jpg

THanks for the pics.

Blimy. So they do smoke themselves rather than just fail to do their job.

Looks quite bad!

Now under Part P all consumer unit changes have to be registered with LCBC so will they inform householders of risk?

With consumer unit changed not through the scheme then the LABC are responsible for safety so they should be returning to those properties they are responsible for and checking.

So now we see if Part P works or is a load of ****

It does bring into question the issue of how reliable a mechanical circuit breaker can be especially over many decades, and the logic of assumeing they are ok because its not feasable to test them. I've recently come across some really suspect ones on a PIR, and all I can really do is draw the clients attention to my concerns about them with a code 3

Theres a case to be made for using BS88 fuses in commericial I think, far less to go wrong, zs easier to meet on long feeders to big fixed equipment (above 32A, but still small enough to be off final distribution boards) as you can go to 5s disconnection... or am I just being a luddite :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back