Hager mcb type MTN and NCN same bus bar.

Some merlin gerin stuff has them notches, i think there for flashquards or other acccesories to attach

Sponsored Links
Yea Hager call them Terminal covers screw cap. MZN130 is the PN. Never used them though. At a list price of £32 for 1P, even with heavy wholesaler discount I don’t think I’m likely to either! They also do interpole barriers which are slightly more reasonable at £38 for a pack of 3!

It is confusing because the advice is contrary to the manufacturers spiel and as such is not in keeping with their warranty.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BURISCH-...730523?hash=item23646d279b:g:y8gAAOSwmmxW5E0j

Actually there are quite a few of these compressors up there on the bay, but I think this link, that is when seen shows their recommendations, but why they differ from seasoned experienced electricians I do not know, but that is it for me on this subject, the circuitry will be as John and others advise when I get round to doing it, seems the route required involves going under gas pipes, which I am sure will raise issues. controversy and is a whole new ball game, and will definitely not meet this, that and the other regulation.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
It is confusing because the advice is contrary to the manufacturers spiel and as such is not in keeping with their warranty.....
I'm not so sure about that. Although, for reasons better known to themselves, they go on to 'recommend' a C32 MCB, what they say about the warranty is ...
... 12 month warranty (only valid if setup with appropriate power supply (16A, no extension leads, adequate area around machine for cooling etc.) and used in accordance with ....
I therefore can't really see how they could claim that use of a C16 or B32 'invalidated' the warranty.

As I'm sure you understand, there is no electrical reason why you couldn't follow their 'recommendation' and run it from a C32 MCB (provided your installation could take it safely) if you wanted to - it would simply be 'overkill'. However, as I've said, that would require at least 4mm² cable and would need tests to confirm that a C32 could be safely installed.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Also with no offence intended, particular for someone who has been a member of this forum for only two or three days, I think you are being far too sensitive and suspicious of the advice you have been given.

Kind Regards, John
Yep totally agree, I have read all you say and I agree with all that too and I welcome all the help I can get. You have given your advice freely as a professional and that is good enough for me.Totally agree its probably overkill from these manufacturers but us lay people without the everyday experience and professional know how, well we struggle, well I do,just one of the reasons I somewhat selfishly miss my friend so much.I do have a rudimentary knowledge of electricity and understand some of the concepts as I studied electronics at night school oh so many years ago to C &G and also A Trocne qualification, but this is electronics not electrics which apart from just basics is much different and of course working in electronics is not likely to kill me, oops mind that capacitor lol] however I get what your saying and will get a spark in and an opinion. Thank you.

Yep totally agree, I have read all you say and I agree with all that too and I welcome all the help I can get. You have given your advice freely as a professional and that is good enough for me.Totally agree its probably overkill from these manufacturers ...
You're welcome. Whilst it does sound like 'overkill', it's also inconsistent. They say that a lot of their customers manage with a 13A supply, that the warranty requires a 16A supply and 'recommend' not only a 32A MCB but a C32 one - without any mention of the fact that not all UK domestic electrical installations could safely (and compliantly) support a C32.
.... however I get what your saying and will get a spark in and an opinion.
Probably the most likely reason for the manufacturer's apparent 'overkill' is that they want to avoid any risk of the hassle of people complaining to them that the compressor is tripping the supply, and are therefore 'erring on the side of caution'. Therefore, be warned that an electrician might think (and advise) similarly!

Kind Regards, John

Aladin - it might help you to read this:

https://www.diynot.com/wiki/Electrics:MCB2
Thank you for the link which I read with interest and don't fully understand, but I do get the gist of it, the circuitry will go in as John has indicated it should, and I will see where things go from there, albeit digressing slightly as I feel this subject will also be one for discussion, I have no choice but to run cable under gas pipes, so that will not be changed, as it cannot be changed, not unless I run a much longer cable halfway round the garage, sort of defeats the object really. Anyway when I get this spark in to look at it, I will see what he says, as I will be saying nothing and listening. Thanks for all your kind input, just how is it one leaves thanks on this site?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back