Hager RCBOs - difference?

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
On my older mk rcds, if you manually turn them off the flag remains white.

And no these aren’t the ones with the mid position

I thought that one had to consider not just the actual (i.e. as measured) PFC (which will virtually never be >6 kA in a domestic installation) but, rather, the maximum 'theoretically possible' PFC, which, 'on enquiry' the DNO will always say is 16 kA - and that, per 536.4.201, use of 6 kA devices would then only be acceptable if they were part of a 'type-tested' CU to BS EN 61439-3, "including the 16 kA conditional short circuit test" which is apparently in Annex ZB of that Standard (and which, I believe, takes into account upstream protection by a cutout fuse ≤100A). Is that not the case?

Kind Regards, John
https://www.beama.org.uk/static/uploaded/992ea5f3-2044-46b2-9db965480b99d7c8.pdf

Sponsored Links
In any event, returning to my comment which you quoted, can you actually think of any mechanism whereby having a 'mix of makes' of devices in a DSB/CU could possibly have any significant effect on the breaking capacity/capabilities of any one of them??
Or a non-mix of makes but installed in a tin box made by someone else and internal tri-rated cables sourced from a 3rd maker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back