Hair line cracks on bathroom paint and plaster paper peeled

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Hoping someone can help.

My girlfriends bathroom paint that was applied before she moved in is covered in tiny cracks all over. It isn't the best job, what has caused the cracking? The paint looks like a Matt, might be wrong.

The next thing is that some paint has peeled off, where it has it has took the plasterboard paper layer with it.

Before painting what do i need to do to repair the plasterboard, once that is fixed.. do I need to sand back all the cracked paint to a layer underneath before re painting?

Thanks, Dave

Sponsored Links
hi if the plasterboard paper is torn you need to seal it before filling then painting reason being if you just fill it the paper will bubble up and create problems. seal it with some pva glue let it dry then fill it with some pollyfiller sand back and smooth seal again with pva and paint as for why its happened probably the combination of cheap paint in a bathroom where there is moisture best bet is to get some dulux bathroom paint or just use a silk finish dont use matt in a bathroom. if theres any cracks and holes fill them to sand off and paint

sorry when i said pva i meant under the filler not the paint just sand the filler and paint

Sponsored Links
20121219_085348.jpg

20121219_085416.jpg

20121219_085430.jpg

Thanks for the replies people.

Added a few photos for close inspection. What shall I do with the paint thats flaking off, I am worried the tiles won't bond very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back