Halers LED downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any experience with these?

I'm currently looking at fitting 4no. of the 7.9W ones in a bathroom.

The customer would like downlighters, but she is a bit concerned with replacing lamps as she is getting on in years, so these seem like the ideal fitting.

Any thoughts or comment's greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I have installed loads of them, so far no problem. The are my down lighter of choice.

The manufacturer claims 75000hrs life, they should last a very long time.

Sponsored Links
Ok, if my plan to use 4no. halers downlighters is so bad, what do you suggest as a viable alternative?

The budget is £220 max including installation. The lights need to be very low maintenence, and if lamps will need replacing they need to be very easy to do, preferebly without the use of steps as she is an elderly lady.

Energy efficiency would be nice, but isn't essential.

There will be either an illuminated mirror or a mirror and vanity light above the basin depending on what she decides.

The bathroom is currently lit by 2no. 60W wall lights. They are not IP rated and one is very close to the bath, and the other is where a bathroom cabinet is going so these both have to be removed.

Here is a floor plan:
Patsbathroom.jpg

Here is a video tour of the bathroom:

Ignore BAS and his obsessions with downlighters. Haler H2's are very good but I'd be struggling to install four for £220. Could also try the JCC LED7W - slightly brighter but need a bigger cut out and the connection plate is fixed whereas its hinged on the Halers - makes it easier to push in and out of the cut-out.

I can pick up those halers downlighters for £38 inc. VAT each, and it'll only take a couple of hours to fit them.

Don't worry I take no notice of his misguided ramblings.

I'm still waiting for him to come up with a better lighting scheme than the one I've designed.

Well from the lack of responses, my lighting scheme must be the best possible for this room, just as I suspected. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back