Half a day wasted...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just moved into our new project, on Saturday I spent the day sorting out the airing cupboard after the hot water tank had been removed. Before I put the shelves in I wanted to get the plumbing set up for the shower. I located the hot and cold pipes, cut into them, tee'd off and drilled though the wall, put the pipes in ready for the shower to be attached once I have tiled next weekend. One of the pipes had been painted so I spent about 30 minutes cleaning it up so that the solder would weld.

This morning I had a sinking feeling which turned out to be realised. I have tapped into the cold water pipe going up to the loft and the cold water pipe coming back down from the loft - and therefore have 2 cold feeds into the shower!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I feel for you, thanks for sharing, it did make me chuckle.

First DIY job I did when moving into our new house just before I got married was to put up a shower curtain rail that had fallen down. Drilled straight through the shower electric cable. Had a "temporary" junction box to join the cable for 6 years before I finally remodelled the bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back