Half height tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm completely gutting a bathroom and lining the walls with Moisture Resistant plasterboard. I've tiled direct to plasterboard before and it was a dream but on this job I need the tiling to be half height. I'm a bit worried about the top row of tiles not sitting level where they overlap the skim.

I thought about tiling first and then skimming up to it but I don't think that's the right solution. I could of course skim the whole wall - but it is more complicated around the bath where I want to use Aquapanel - Knauf say you can't skim over this.

Anyone got a neat solution, or am I worrying about nothing?

Sponsored Links
Do the tiling first but dont grout it because any plaster splattered onto the grout will stain it Once the tiles have set use some masking tape across the top edge of the tiles.. Plaster the top half of the room and once it has started to dry but is still soft, peel off the tape.
Once the plaster is completely dry, grout your tiles.

Gaz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back