Hallway and landing light revisited.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With help from you guy's, I have now wired in correctly a 2gang dimmer in my hallway and have left a single gang switch upstairs. All works a predicted exept, when I turn off the landing light upstairs, if I try to turn them on from the downstairs dimmer they won't ! The dimmer is push on / off type. Do I need a special dimmer or a special upstairs switch.
p.s. The reason for the dimmer is an under estimation of the power of ceiling spots i.e. to many !

Sponsored Links
well you have not wired it right then have you

why not re post under your origonal post so that we all know what you have done (or not)

This was the original problem.

crafty1289 wrote:

was the old one:
Code:
L1 L2 / COM
/
COM / L1 L2

Did you take note of how the switches are divided? The line down the middle ought to give some idea - I'm guessing you thought the top row was the first switch, and the bottom row was the second switch?

Exactly right. Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
NooNoo said:
This was the original problem.

crafty1289 wrote:

was the old one:
Code:
L1 L2 / COM
/
COM / L1 L2

Did you take note of how the switches are divided? The line down the middle ought to give some idea - I'm guessing you thought the top row was the first switch, and the bottom row was the second switch?

Exactly right. Thanks for the help.
No, this was the solution. What brand of dimmer did you purchase? Did the instructions mention anything about slave switches?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back