Halogen floodlight dialema

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps, iv got a floodlight that after many years service has started to not work properly. It has trouble resetting itself and comes back on many many times. So seeing as the bulb unit still works i was wondering if it was doable to replace the pir unit with this? http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-140-standalone-pir/11291#product_additional_details_container

how easy for a diyer would the rewiring be or would it be better to just replace it with a brand new unit?

Sponsored Links
Personally I would fit a new LED unit, but there is no reason why you can't fit a stand alone PIR. As to how easy, well that depends on your basic knowledge.

My wife bought a cheap quartz lamp from Aldi for £10, I had to buy cable, and also a LED unit to replace the quartz tube, so cost around £20 in all, for mother got a LED lamp from Screwfix and it worked out cheaper. However the Screwfix sensor did not have an adjustment for sensitivity so it has gaffer tape on it to stop it seeing passing cars. So it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. May as well stick in a pin.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back