halstead ace problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the problem is that it has been fixed whilst i was away from home (truckdriver). my wife seen to it.
anyhow the plumber came in the house for 20 minutes in the morning to investigate the problem.
he then went away and came back in the afternoon for 10 minutes with the part (which was the wrong one).
later on he came back for another 15 minutes with the right part and fixed it.
so far so good.
however after completing the work he did not give my wife a price and said " the boss works out the prices and will send the bill in the post"
now i personally dont like this but at the time the wife wasnt to know.
so today the bill came.
£366.58 :eek: well it is to me.

on the bill it states
" investigate fault to halstead ace high combi boiler. supply and fit new diverter valve and microswitch assembly due to existing leaking water . test and leave in working order"

on the bill also it says
materials and labour £311.98
vat £54.60
total £366.58

there is no mention of timings etc.

now obviously my boiler had packed in and i did notice the very small leak and asked the wife to see to getting it fixed. i also appreciate that parts are not cheap for boilers.
via a link on this forum i found a place selling a new diverter valve for £140. and i may be wrong but i can only presume that a microswitch assembly is another seperate part :?:

so basically is this bill about the right price for the parts and labour of 1 hour max or is it to steep :?:
and secondly should,nt prices be discussed at the time (is this usuall) :?:

thanks in advance
regards
dave.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back