HALSTEAD BEST 50 BOILER PROB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone help,
I have an 8 year old halstead best 50, its not a combi system, Problem is after we have turned heating on it work fine for about an hour then shuts down completely then after an hour or so it will switch back on again for about an hour and so on, im not a plumber but i am a builder so have some knowledge but no where near enough, please help wife now giving earache
thanks Riz Forgot to say boiler will not reignite until completely cold

Brit gas didnt turn up!?, anyway, since my last post i have discovered that there is a clearly heard clicking noise, prob clicks once every couple of mins and appears to be coming from ignition control box, anybody heard of this before, i intend to go buy 1 tomorrow but would like to hear if anyone experienced this.
many thanks Riz

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the valve is in midpostition or both zonevalves open, and only cylinderstat is controlling.
To test, set cylinder stat on 30 for half a day and the boiler should be off a lot longer, conversely cylinder stat on 80 and boiler should be ON a lot longer

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the valve is in midpostition or both zonevalves open, and only cylinderstat is controlling.
To test, set cylinder stat on 30 for half a day and the boiler should be off a lot longer, conversely cylinder stat on 80 and boiler should be ON a lot longer
ok thanks will try that today

see if it makes any difference.
kind of hard to tell what the prob is if we only know it does not work

hi i have a best 60 and it sounds like the aquastat has gone faulty it has a thermistor in the side maifold its the one with only 2 wires on
the other part of it is in the white box with the board ,, try replacing the thermistor, Parts Center Part No 500572

hope this helps

mick

hi i have a best 60 and it sounds like the aquastat has gone faulty it has a thermistor in the side maifold its the one with only 2 wires on
the other part of it is in the white box with the board ,, try replacing the thermistor, Parts Center Part No 500572

hope this helps

mick
ok thanks will try tomorrow will let u know, to all involved many thanks for your help, so far no difference just heats up to req temp then shuts down until it feels like firing up again 1 maybe 2 sometimes 3 hrs thanks again

When it appears not to work see if you are getting 230V on the switched live pin on the boiler connection strip.

When it appears not to work see if you are getting 230V on the switched live pin on the boiler connection strip.
Yes getting 230 volts reading, have given up now, brit gas engineer calling to rectify problem, will let all know what it turns out to be, many thanks Riz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back