HALSTEAD FINEST GOLD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chris and all,
With the filling loop valve open there is water in the filling loop but there was still no water going into the system. Then i made a mistake by opening the central heating flow valve. Water started to flow into the system indicated by the pressure valve until utter disater!! Water started cascading out of the boiler where upon i closed the 2 open valves and turn off the system.
Help!!!!
Regards,
Pete.

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you've done..
What are you calling the "central heating flow valve"?

What does the P gauge say, and is there a pipe going outide from the pressure relief valve, which has a red tapering plastic knkob?

Sounds like another case of dont touch anything unless you know exactly what it is and its function and what its called !

I cannot guess what the central heating flow valve is either!

There are two valves which isolate the heating circuit from the boiler but these are normally open and only used to isolate the boiler or heating circuit from each other for maintenance.

Tony

Hi,
Thanks for your quick responses.
I mean the end valve as depicted in diagram 29 of the installation guide. I opened the filling loop valve and nothing happened so i opened the central heating flow valve and water gushed out of the top of the boiler. The water pressure gauge is at 0.5.
All i want to do is top up the water level.
Regards,
Pete.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
This is what i do not understand, under running conditions 3 valves are open but the filling loop valve is closed.
The instructions state that to top up the other 3 valves must be closed and then open the filling loop valve.
I did this but nothing happened? So i thought that how can water flow if the other 3 valves are closed so i opened the central heating flow valve and the pressure gauge went up but then water cascaded from the boiler and the pressure gauge dropped to its original position (0.5).
Regards,
Pete.

Those instructions (page 19 I think, not 29) are how to fill the system without the boiler - instruction 5 is "fit boiler"!

Leave all valves open. What's probably leaking is the Auto Air vent, fig 33 page 22, which will need replacing.

...and it also looks like the pressure gauge is inaccurate too. 0.5 bar on your gauge may mean "almost zero pressure".
The Halstead Finest Gold must have been named by an Estate Agent! The heating valves you mention should had scribed lines on them indicating the water pathways through them, the reason most experienced fitters leave them in the "open to the filling loop" position is because regular (or infrequent!) turning of them leads to leaks from them - just use the built in filling (lever) valve to top-up.

The leak from the top is as ChrisR said, renew the auto air bleed.

Thanks guys,
Bear with me because my internet is down so i keep having to trek to my parents to use the internet.
So that is it keep the valves open! God! I feel a right plonker!!
Well, when i bled the air from the upstairs rads no water came out though water came out of the downstairs rads after bleeding. So i assume there is a serious shortage of water within the system.
Renewing the auto air bleed - is that one for the boys or can i do it?
Advice most welcome.
Regards,
Pete.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back