Hammer Screws

S

Shutpa

Have to fix a shelf and have been advised to use hammer screws. What are they and do you, as the name would appear to suggest, use a hammer to drive them home, or would it be a hammer drill?

Sponsored Links

p3511183_l.jpg

Nice pictures Softus, but the upper one, now is that the hammer or the screw, does not show the Phillips slot on the top. Now why is that slot there? I am really at a loss because I don't have a hammer with a screwdriver head.

Never mind the reply Softus, I've just put the shelf up and am delighted with the result.

Have to put up a second shelf but this time there is a 25mm gap between the plasterboard and the brickwork. Can I use hammer screws again? This shelf is one of those which has no visible support.

Sponsored Links
I don't know when they will be availble in diy shops yet as they only design it last year, best to order it online

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back