Hand nerve injury

Hmm I did something similar years ago cutting some cloth with a scalpel and went through the side of my finger. Saw little white tubes and things in my finger and taped it up. Went to docs about 2 weeks later as the side of of my finger was numb took about 6months or more till I could feel things again.

Sponsored Links
Thanks did they send you to hospital to get it get the nerve repaired?
Hmm I did something similar years ago cutting some cloth with a scalpel and went through the side of my finger. Saw little white tubes and things in my finger and taped it up. Went to docs about 2 weeks later as the side of of my finger was numb took about 6months or more till I could feel things again.

Ah mine was cut down on the palm. So they sowed the nerve back together so will hopefully regrow.

Sponsored Links
I once ran an electric saw down my right index finger, dead centre, in line with the finger, so it sort of forked. 'Someone' was supposed to be holding the timber I was cutting and let it slip. Stitches, antibiotics and a chipped bone. There was no feeling in the tip for years, but it fixed itself eventually, sort of - it still not 100% feeling at the tip.

Can I ask how far down then finger you cut the nerve/ how much was numb? Hoping mine comes back. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back