Work Injury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy folks, I got an injury at work earlier this week, snapped the distal bicep tendon in my left arm, I've had an op and got it in a cast, just wondering if anyone here has had a similar injury so I can compare, apparently it's quite a rare injury according to the doctors and surgeon,with quite a slow recovery time unfortunately but heres hoping.

Sponsored Links
I don't have any knowledge of this, but you have my sympathy, as it sounds horrendously painful.

What was the cause, so that everyone else can avoid it?

Yes it is pretty painful, the cause was trying to lift a radiator from the floor onto its brackets that is way to heavy for a one man lift in all honesty, but it is something I have done over the years but this time my bicep gave up before my determination, needless to say I wont do it again, it's a bit late for that now, so beware.....ps. has anybody got a cure for itching under a plaster cast, it's driving me nuts :mad:

Sponsored Links
Yep it went a bit bruised looking, I can handle the injury but it's being out of action for 4 -6 months I'm going to find hard, and having this cast on my arm for 6 piggin weeks :evil:

Suggest that you do not try and poke anything down that might get lost e.g. biro with top on :oops:

Blowing cool air down inside the cast may help relieve the itching

Yep it went a bit bruised looking, I can handle the injury but it's being out of action for 4 -6 months I'm going to find hard, and having this cast on my arm for 6 piggin weeks :evil:

been there fella

fun aint it :LOL: :LOL: ;)

and im not going to mention going to the lav :eek:

been there fella

fun aint it :LOL: :LOL: ;)

and im not going to mention going to the lav :eek:

Lets just say I'm a leftie and I'ts my left arm I've damaged, challenging to say the least :oops: , but I don't give up easy, just the family give me a wide berth when they sense me getting a bit crabby :)

pour talcum powder don there, or get a cold flannel and wrap it around each end of the arm protruding from the cast, gives some nice relief from when it warms up too much

Lets just say I'm a leftie and I'ts my left arm I've damaged, challenging to say the least :oops:

I hope you have a sympathetic woman on hand to take care of 'the other thing' :LOL:

Careful poking anything inside the cast to scratch an itch - after a while in a cast your skin will have softened and thinned, and be prone to injury and infection.

You think it's itchy now? Wait till they take the cast off! Trouble is, then you can scratch the itch, but then it starts bleeding 'cos you've scratched too much

I had 13 weeks in a cast with a ruptured achilles tendon.

As a DIYer. I lifted heavy rads onto the bracket, by lifting one side, put blocks under then lift the other side.

I know its to late now but might help other DIYers

As another DIY'r I also use wooden blocks, but I get someone else to help with a rad, like the wife :D

As a DIYer. I lifted heavy rads onto the bracket, by lifting one side, put blocks under then lift the other side.

I know its to late now but might help other DIYers

This ones a bit too big and heavy to do that with, 2 metre 600 double, you would risk more injury by trying to get that to the right height on blocks, and anything much smaller than that I wouldn't have a problem with, but whatever way works for you is good. :)

Sponsored Links
Back