Handbrake Cable for Vauxhall Corsa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have recently bought the left-hand side cable and the right-hand side cable for my corsa year 2000. however i dont seem to have a connecting link so that I can attach the right side to the left side. I have a haynes manual and it says that I need a connecting link so that I am able to connect both cables together.

if anyone knows where i can buy one of these id much appreciate it. i have looked on google typing in "vauxhall corsa b handbrake cable connecting link" but nothing comes up.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

ozzy

Sponsored Links
My handbrake cable snapped before so I took off the old L.H. cable, to which the connecting link was still attached and I have misplaced the cable so currently don't have a connecting link! :/

Sponsored Links
Yeah I've rang a dealer and they think they have the part. I'm going to have a quick look under a friend's Corsa to make sure of the bit that I'm missing, and take a photo of it.

If anyone knows where I can get this part lemme know. I think it's called an equaliser? or connecting link. one of the 2.

ozzy

It links the two sides together and lets you adjust the amount of slack in the cable - its a threaded rod in a cage that tightens / slackens the cables.

I got one from a scrappy for my corsa a couple of years back - its an easy part to get at a scrappy as all you need to do is stuck your head under the car and cut the old cables and remove - two seconds work. Think it cost me a packet of biscuits. (Good chocolate ones!).

Im guessing your cable snapped on the guides on the trailing arms? Thats where mine snap and bind in the cold - make sure and grease them before fitting the new cables and it helps to open them slightly with a screw driver - I go round and grease mine every 6 months or so when I drop the oil out at the same time.

Oh and when you have the drums off and your messing about running cables if you hold the pistons in on the rear cylinders with cable ties getting the whole thing back together again will be a lot easier!

(Edit - if you have never taken the drums apart before pay close attention to the handbrake self adjusters, take a picture before removal and have a close look at page 9.6 pictures 5.5,5.6,5.7 in the haynes manual for re-assembly - also the pictures here are great http://forums.corsa-b.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=12954. Also the handbrake adjuster is pictured on 9.16 14.4 if that helps?).

Finally if you have never had the drums off your car before be prepared to swear. A lot! But you will get there in the end! :)

David.

If anyone knows where I can get this part lemme know. I think it's called an equaliser? or connecting link. one of the 2.

Sponsored Links
Back