Car handbrake cable loose where it attaches to the brake caliper and not holding the car. video inc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take the cable off the car and give it a full inspection.
A cable may be free when under no load but dry/stiff/sticking when under load. It needs replacing.

FFS we are up to post #106. OP, you come on here asking for advice. I gave it to you in post #3. Refit the return spring and then fit a new cable like I said and stop questioning everyone or just stop asking. What more do you want us to say?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Name them!

I bet you don't,..................................so now you are also a liar!

Andy
No , unlike you I respect people and I will keep who it was anonymous to you.

I'm hoping to have you blocked from my threads by tomorrow

Thank you very much, that was a very kind thing to say. I tried to get everything in the video that you guys were asking me to check.

I would prefer to try and adjust the cable and as you said previously adjusting them should ensure many more years of use from them. If I can't adjust them I will consider changing the cables but I'd be needing you guys help along the way if I change the cables
Please

I just now want to know how to get the centre console off to get at the mechanism inside and see if it can be adjusted or not. I not sure why it the condilrsconsole not coming out
Sorry, can't help with the console but maybe YouTube can come to your assistance?
Sometimes those little pockets lift out, sometimes there's access from the rear ash tray.....it won't be as awkward as you think.
Pictures of the cable indicate that it is in one piece incorporating both left and right cables, and the handbrake lever pulls another short cable connected to the U shaped compensator.
John :)

Sponsored Links
A cable may be free when under no load but dry/stiff/sticking when under load. It needs replacing.

FFS we are up to post #106. OP, you come on here asking for advice. I gave it to you in post #3. Refit the return spring and then fit a new cable like I said and stop questioning everyone or just stop asking. What do you want us to say?

I will replace the cables if I can't adjust the cables . If I replace them I will need you guys to help me please.

If it wasn't for a certain spammer we wouldn't be at post 106 but I've foolish ly been responding to him asking him.yo stop it but that's what trills crave, attention so I should have ignored him. If it were not for the said spammer we'd be at about post 80

C9A731B0-BB80-49FB-9E9F-0A69BDA38368.jpeg

You could be out there getting that video I asked for earlier.

I appreciate you requested I do that, and so I will but tomorrow as I'm exhausted and sweating much recently I think I've been overdoing things and the gym tires me out too.
I will certainly uploaded a video tomorrow of what you requested, I appreciate your help

Noooo, I didn't mean it was ok to drive like that. What I meant was the wheel didn't spin by hand but it drives ok meaning the wheel spins when driving. I wasn't driving it that way I immediately undid the handbrake cable so as it wouldn't lock up

So if the steering locks up, you remove the steering wheel and chuck it in the boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back