Metal grating/rattling noise when accelerating only. What is it ? Video included

Firstly i believe your car is a 57 plate manual hatchback and if thats the case it doesn't have a DPF.
Secondly if you are changing a door on the front you MUST first remove the door module as this is programmed to the car and fit this to replacement door
otherwise the car will deadlock itself but will not be able to reopen that door.

Yes it's a 1.9 CDTI 120 bhp, yes it does have a dpf on the exhaust , go on eBay there are several listings for 1.9,CDTI dpf s

Not sure what a door module is o assume it's the box thing bolted into the door, np big deal I'll unbolt it and screw it onto the replacement door

Attachments

• vauxhall-vectra-19-04-04-12-09-type-approved-diesel-particulate-filter-vx6068t.jpg
    vauxhall-vectra-19-04-04-12-09-type-approved-diesel-particulate-filter-vx6068t.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 66
  • Vauxhall-Vectra-C-19-Cdti-Dpf-Diesel-Particulate.jpg
    Vauxhall-Vectra-C-19-Cdti-Dpf-Diesel-Particulate.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 65
Sponsored Links
I’ve never fitted an after market flexy pipe but I have replaced two dealer ones.....both on Kia’s coincidentally and the flange bolts were ferociously tight.
From your description it sounds like U bolts were used and one of them has now fractured and its time for a replacement.
Fitting a new door is a two man job due to the surprising weight - I have done it myself with the aid of a well padded trolley jack though, but I don't recommend it!
John :)

Hi Burnerman

I'll get a new exhaust clamp and better bolts for it and see if that resolves it.
I understand I may need an assistant to help with the door, besides dealing with the weight of it the job looks fairly straightforward

Yes it's a 1.9 CDTI 120 bhp, yes it does have a dpf on the exhaust , go on eBay there are several listings for 1.9,CDTI dpf s

Not sure what a door module is o assume it's the box thing bolted into the door, np big deal I'll unbolt it and screw it onto the replacement door

DPF's were fitted to Auto's, Estates and Signums. Only Hatchbacks registered in 09 had DPF's are you sure it's not a Cat .

Sponsored Links
Back