Handbrake not working at all and loss of brake fluid ( related fault issues ? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a different handbrake issue as to the last handbrake fault I inquired about.

Basically what's happening is the handbrake lever inside the car goes tight won't go above 3 or 4 clicks.
However the car isn't secured at all it feels as though the handbrake is completely released the car rolls freely back and forth

Also notic d for the third time today that the level in the brake reservoir has dropped and so I refilled it.could the disappearing brake fluid be related to the sudden handbrake not working problem ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am offering advice, scrap it - its 1 problem after another. :)

One problem after another, plus the intellectual standard of the posts, suggests the operator is seriously deficient.

He needs to swap a motor vehicle for something much simpler and much less deadly, like a bicycle or some roller skates, before he kills someone.

Seriously, consider scrapping this junk.
Too many problems, DANGEROUS PROBLEMS!
If you don't want to lose too much money and have space, sell the parts.
You usually get £100/150 for a door, £200 for interiors and so on.
You could even end up earning more than the car is worth; no, now that i think about it it's worth nothing, so go for it.
Just don't do it on the road.
Must be done on private property.

Are you filling the reservoir up 3 times a day? One hell of a serious leak here which will be visible somewhere - probably on a tyre.
John :)

Or clutch cylinder? Any fluid leaking between the engine and gearbox?

Are you filling the reservoir up 3 times a day? One hell of a serious leak here which will be visible somewhere - probably on a tyre.
John :)

Not 3 times a day, I meant since I first noticed the level stopped which was about a month ago I refilled it about 3 times, not complete refilled just tonehere it had dropped below minimum back up to maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back