handling worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any device for handling worktops?
I've genually had someone to hand or have used 28mm. But I'm doing kitchens more and more now so theres going to be a time when i need to do it on my own.

I can see a contraption in my head but does anyone make such a thing?

Sponsored Links
whatatodo said:
I can see a contraption in my head but does anyone make such a thing?

It's called a truss :D

You justs need to take your time and plan your moves, I've done plenty of 4.1m 40mm worktops both laminated and solid wood, 27/28 are lightweights really. And dont take on kitchens in blocks of flats ;)

Have an idea of the lengths of worktop before they are delivered then cut them say 100mm overlength with a cordless circ saw before bringing them into the house, no point in moving unwanted worktop about. A pair of the yellow laytex gripper gloves are also handy to wear when moving them about.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Worktops are heavy and cumbersome. Whenever I fit Oak or Iroko (or Beech) I always have some one to help with moving them around. There nothing so buttock clenching as swinging 3.1 m of oak around a kitchen. Every time the edge takes a slight knock is more time sanding and making right. Get someone to help you, and as they say steer clear of flats :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back