Hang a heavy mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a heave 45kg mirror I want to hang on a brick wall. What are the best things to use. DIY virgin........I have a drill :D . can you give me a link please. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Mirror has thick wood effect frame approx 4 ins wide, overall measurements are approx 36x45ins.

Sponsored Links
My question was really, What size screws? and are there any particular ones expecially for this job.

How thick is the plaster on top of the brick?

You need to pass that and get a good grip in the bricks, about 1.5" at least in the bricks so possibly about 2" screw.

You need to get a hole in the brick - not the morter in between.

If the drill goes in simply then your in the morter, red dust and your in brick.

Rawlplugs and screws to match, if the hole you drill is loose on the rawlplug then fill the plug and hole with cocktail sticks, tap them in until its solid in there and trim them off. Or if you have something like nonails handy - a squirt of that in the hole then the plug, then leave it overnight.

I prefer slot head screws as I can get a damn good turn on them and drive them right in using a big screwdriver.

If the raw plugs are not holding the mirror, you could consider using a Polyester Resin to secure the fixings in place...one of our customers did this and sent us the photo - I have tried to attach it!

//www.diynot.com/network/skilledbuild/albums/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back