Hanging a mirror - Sawtooth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought this mirror ages ago from Oak furniture land, https://www.oakfurnitureland.co.uk/furniture/skylar-metal-wall-mirror-black/31641.html.

I have a new build with plaster board thin walls. The picture has two iron built in sawtooth hangers which you can sort of make out from this photo https://d2kz53n3bzvihv.cloudfront.n...90cm-oak-furnitureland-60ae05fac12b7.jpg.webp

What do I put in the wall, just pins and then let the sawtooth hang from them? The picture frame is about 10/11kg if I remember rightly.

I'm absolutely petrified about putting anything on these walls in this house, you hear so many stories. Normally I'd have used long screws to brickwork for anything I don't want to be at risk but they won't hang in the space of a sawtooth so not a chance.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Board on stud work or dot and dab?
Stud, I was aiming to put a screw into the wall but none fit neatly in the sawtooth.

I’m a complete nervous newbie on diy but I want to do it. Gonna start using this forum much more

Stud, I was aiming to put a screw into the wall but none fit neatly in the sawtooth
I would get something like some decorative mirror screws, that would be long enough to protrude past the sawtooth and frame.
A little like this...

1683752905913.png

Sponsored Links
I would get something like some decorative mirror screws, that would be long enough to protrude past the sawtooth and frame.
A little like this...

View attachment 303181

I bought various 3” screws today and all the heads are too big to fit on the sawtooth, what is it about these that make a difference is it the decorative part which means it can just rest but look fine? Sorry if it’s a stupid question

These are what I’ve tried today

Attachments

• 3D601C0E-186E-4F48-B7AD-8490139C559F.png
    3D601C0E-186E-4F48-B7AD-8490139C559F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • D30D6FD3-5812-488B-98E0-8C2C47D672E7.jpeg
    D30D6FD3-5812-488B-98E0-8C2C47D672E7.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 42
bought various 3” screws today and all the heads are too big to fit on the sawtooth
I'm saying, let the screw come out of the wall by the depth of the frame - the sawtooth will sit in the shaft of the screw.
And if the screw is decorative, it won't look out of place, sitting in front of the frame.

I'm saying, let the screw come out of the wall by the depth of the frame - the sawtooth will sit in the shaft of the screw.
And if the screw is decorative, it won't look out of place, sitting in front of the frame.
Will get some of them tomorrow and give it a go cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back