Hanging kitchen wall cabinets with 18mm back panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

After waiting 4 weeks for the correct panels for my kitchen wall cabinets - i'm ready to hang 'em, but I'm stumped - I can't seem to find any adjustable hanging brackets for use on cabinets with 18mm back panels.

These from screwfix are only for use with thin back panels apparently (I called the manufacturer)
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/97208.../Cabinet-Fittings/Cabinet-Brackets-Hanger-Set

I'm going into a block wall but the blocks are full of flint and drilling an exact hole even with my SDS is tricky - else i'd try to get 4 screws in each corner of the backpanel and try my hardest to get it all straight - but ideally i'd like some method of hanging that gives me adjustment. I've scoured these forums and google. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
They do exist. I have cabs with 18 mm backpanels, and they are fitted with robust hangers that are adjustable - from an approx 15 mm hole in the panel - for height and clamp-back-to-the-wall-ness. Unfortunately I don't know who supplies them, they came already fitted, and I'm not going to remove a cab to see. Doesn't your supplier know?

Hi Kes,

Trying to get a straight answer out of Wickes is like playing dodge-ball with a blindfold on.

I'm going to run with these for the top units - and screw through + bottom batten for base of the units (arrangement is 2x900mm bridge units stacked and 1x300mm unit to the left of these 2 stacked units).

Woodfit also do the type of bracker that Kes mentions, provided the back panel is set in at least 16mm from the back you can use with any thickness of board. Far easier to use than the type you linked to.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Yes, those are the things. An excellent fitting, but I'm glad mine were prefitted to the cabs. I wouldn't fancy drilling those dowel holes.

Thanks JasonB and Kes for your replies - there is space for those slim line brackets, but as you say Kes drilling the holes maybe tricky. jig time! Will let you know how i get on.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back