Hanging lights without drilling into wall

Sponsored Links
Not cheap are they JK
No. TBH I often have either a bag of long cable ties, using multiples if required to get the extra length (if I can nick them off the sparkies, that is :sneaky:) or a roll of builders band to hook cables or site festoon lighting up out of the way. Maybe the OP would like to consider either of those - both can be handy for all sorts of temporary fixes and are handy things to have in the van, even when you have to pay for them

whats the mortar like ? May be you can just push a small thin nail between the wires and then lightly tap these into weakness you can see in the mortar - as long as the lights are no flapping about in the wind they will take very little to hold them.

Prototype
20211208_102140.jpg
20211208_102120.jpg
20211208_102124.jpg

Sponsored Links
Rounded bends will easily pull straight when any sort of load is applied, you need to form sharp tight bends with pliers, to help prevent that happening.

Right underneath your coat hanger there's an airbrick, cable tie through the holes, or cavity wall fixing :whistle:

Had some hanging low over windows so I could see them from inside but they're swinging around a bit.
20211210_104344.jpg
20211210_104334.jpg
20211210_104317.jpg
20211210_104124.jpg

Why? Do you sense a gap in the market here, Freddy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can imagine residents complaining about the lights annoying them, with the constant tapping against the windows.

Can we see them on at night?
I thought they'd be tighter against the wall and not like a arthymic sine wave. Might stop the flapping. Not sure that'll survive a light wind.
Still like the cable tie into the airbricks idea

Can we see them on at night?
I thought they'd be tighter against the wall and not like a arthymic sine wave. Might stop the flapping. Not sure that'll survive a light wind.
Still like the cable tie into the airbricks idea

I like that suggestion too.
20211210_193341.jpg
20211210_193323.jpg
20211210_193314.jpg
If this fails I'll do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back