Happy Fathers Day!

My 5 yr old made me a lovely card at school and my 11 yr old gave me a big hug so I had a good day! :D

Sponsored Links
Give my old fella 20 rips (in his f.d. card) to have a few scoops, the sprogs woke me whispering "is he awake yet" whilst brandishing home made cards and a new golf shirt.

Ain't life sweet. ;)

i had a fantastic day. my 4 year old came in and woke me up. gave me a t-shirt with her hand prints on made at nursery. my 17 year old remembered to phone me up from her holiday. had a lovely bbq with our parents. then went to a kids party and wet myself (well almost) laughing at the clown. great day :D

Very happy for you all....
Possibly the saddest day of the year for many, many Dads....
for a multitude of reasons.....
Enjoy..........

Sponsored Links
I've had a card presented to me at 5.30 this pm. My presents are still stuffed into a carrier bag hidden somewhere in a secret location.

Good job I know the little tykes love me. ;)

Finally got them at 5.50 this afternoon...

Unwrapped, straight out of't' bag. Well, it saves wrapping paper I suppose.

Some socks, a pint pot & a book by James May.

Was searching for an old post and found this;
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=98511
How many times have you stopped smoking then? :LOL:

The reason that his old post has "62 weeks without smoking!" at the bottom of it is because it is his signature which appears automatically at the bottom of every post he has made.
So it wasn't that he had stopped smoking two years ago, just that he updates his signature every week and all his old posts show the latest message.

dave

My card just about sums up my DIY capabilities:

FathersDayCard.jpg

Same as last year as expected.

SFA!

They learnt to 'take' over 20 years ago, (like their mother), but never seem to grasp the concept of 'giving'.

Saves me getting disappointed I suppose.
Selfish barstewards.

Give my old fella 20 rips (in his f.d. card) to have a few scoops, the sprogs woke me whispering "is he awake yet" whilst brandishing home made cards and a new golf shirt.

Ain't life sweet. ;)

you're gonna have to explain that one to me. "20 rips (in his f.d. card)" umm, what does that mean?

Ain't life sweet. ;)

you're gonna have to explain that one to me. "20 rips (in his f.d. card)" umm, what does that mean?

Sorry.

I presented my father a fathers day card and inside was a twenty pound note to spend on several pints of beer. My children woke me....... blah...blah. Get it....? :rolleyes: :LOL:

When I came down stairs yesterday morning, there were home-made happy fathers day posters everywhere. Then the kids came down with a one kilo bar of cadburys dairy milk, a nice bottle of wine and a pair of slippers.

Then, at lunch time we went into town and they treated me to a wonderful (????????????) meal at KFC and finally took me to the cinema to see the film that, without actually knowing it, I had been dying to see, 'Angels and Demons'. When we bought the tickets, the guy remarked that even with only 10 minutes to go before the film started, we were the first to buy tickets! We were also the last! Now I have been in a cinema with only a dozen or so in the audience, but I have never, ever, been in a cinema where we made up the entire audience. Not even a member of staff came in! It rounded off what was one of the best fathers days that I have ever experienced.

Sponsored Links
Back