Hardibacker 250 on bath sides

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've build the timber frame for the bath as small as possible which leaves very little room for the 10mm porcelain tiles to go on without sitting proud. 12.5mm is too much, 10mm is difficult to source locally so you'll end up spending a fortune in delivery costs for a single sheet. 6mm is readily available e.g. topps

My studs in the frame are approx 300-400m apart...

Would a 6mm board "hold" and not snap under the weight of the tiles?

I'm pretty sure I've made a slight assembly mistake on the bath also when attaching the legs to the bath.

The plastic brackets (fixed dead centre of the timber frame pre-attached to the underside of the bath) sit slightly proud of the timer frame so I'm going to have to come up some some ingenious solution to make sure I can fit the board flat to the studs.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
@foxhole I've had a remeasure, I've got about 18mm. In the middle of the bath theres approx 2-3mm for adhesive, at the edges more like 1mm. To be honest I think it might be a easier just to fit a nice bath panel that matches the vanity unit as it comes in at 18mm as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back