HARDWIRED washing machine fuse - not turning on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, hoping some bright spark might help advise please.

Our washing machine, that came with our ~5year new build house, tripped the relevant circuit on the central junction box and when I turned it back on the washing machine won't turn back on. I pulled out the skirting under the kitchen and can see no plugs for any of the appliances - they are all seemingly connected to a wall isolation switch panel.

Before I call out an electrician or buy a new machine, I am trying to understand if there is a fuse anywhere that I could try to replace first? Do hardwired appliances have a fuse? I have opened up the panel and could not see a fuse anywhere, just the bare parts of the switches - picture attached.

The dishwasher on the same panel still works.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to replace the fuse, if one even exists, please? Thanks!
IMG_20210815_185625.jpg

Sponsored Links
The fuse is likely to be in the socket outlet behind the machine.

Hi Chris - Thanks, so you think there should be a second socket behind the machine? I take it I therefore need to pull out the machine to try to find this.....not the best design to make the place where you change the fuse to be behind the actual 70kg machine!

Hey, thanks, so I pulled it out and Persimmon cowboys have done it again - the socket the washing machine is plugged into is just hanging off the wall, and the water pipes have not been given enough slack to get it all the way out to get to the socket without unplugging all the water - tbh I am not confident enough with my non-existent electrical skills with a hanging socket even if I could reach it....here's what I mean....plus the water pipe is twisted.....Persimmon are such awful builders.....

IMG_20210815_203049.jpg

IMG_20210815_202501.jpg IMG_20210815_202517.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yep! And the water pipe inlet is twisted - amazed we haven't had a fire or a leak before now!

I think the fuse is located under that tape - you still under defect period? If so get ‘em back, if not I’d still be looking at persuing something - shouldn’t have been signed off like that.

Hey there - yes, I think you're right it might be except can't reach it with the pipes and frankly I am going to leave it as it is, as I do not feel safe messing around with that socket even if I could- god knows what other surprises they've left there! No, well out of that defect period (3 years), but I have emailed them so let's see what they say, as I completely agree that should never have been signed off as safe or finished!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back