Hardwood floor polish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I'm looking for a neutral polish/wax/oil that I can apply to the worn areas of this floor that will match the rest. The grey is obviously caused by high traffic, as its a public area. I don't think it's ever been treated before. Can anyone recommend a natural/clear product that I can apply to the worn areas without treating the whole floor (as it's huge)!
Many thanks,
Sam
IMG_6039.JPG

Sponsored Links
The grey is partly if not wholly caused by ingrained dust and dirt so by adding more sealant, without first sanding, not only will it be a different colour (darker than the original), but you will also trap that dirt in place and it will look spotty until you do eventuslly resand and refinish. It is possible to treat areas (sand then seal) by feather edging but this nomally requires professional equipment and an experienced touch

The grey is partly if not wholly caused by ingrained dust and dirt so by adding more sealant, without first sanding, not only will it be a different colour (darker than the original), but you will also trap that dirt in place and it will look spotty until you do eventuslly resand and refinish. It is possible to treat areas (sand then seal) by feather edging but this nomally requires professional equipment and an experienced touch
Thanks, yes that makes sense.
I was hoping to give it a good clean and then work in something like Danish oil or Osmo, but if you think it will just lock the dirt in then I guess I'll leave it...

Sponsored Links
You could try lightly sanding the areas out with fine sandpaper, then using a hardwood floor reviver kit such as Fiddes Floor Reviver (Osmo also do a floor reviver product). No guarantees that they will work, but maybe worth a shot. I've used the Fiddes product a couple if times on worn parquet with mixed results

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back